Sunday 19 January 2014

Same Ship, different job


Hello everyone. I am back on the Ernest Shackleton but now I am a qualified officer. I am sailing as third officer.

I flew to the Falklands to join the vessel from Brize Norton UK. The flight was via Ascension and in total took 19 hours. I joined the ship on Saturday morning and we have been doing cargo work, next stop is another harbour in the Falklands to get fuel then down to Bird Island and South Georgia at the end of the week.

This Trip will be an interesting one as we are putting in a science experiment on the Ronne Ice Shelf which is located at the bottom of the Weddel Sea (as far south as you can get on a ship). More of that later.

 Stop Off at Ascension
 Ascension Island
 Eurofighters came to play on approach to Falklands
 A non typical summers day in Falklands





1 comment:

  1. Spectacular photos Matt, esp. the old whaling station. I always find it sad to see old boats beached and rusting away. Derek

    ReplyDelete